“Story told to inform – inspire – activate – becomes an act of citizenship. If I make a little contribution to the common good and don’t tell the story, it’s good for my soul, but my silence creates a closed loop that starts and stops with me. Nobody but me learns.”
– Christina Baldwin, Storycatcher, p. 226.
What’s your meaningful work story?
We’re collecting inspiring stories of change from across Canada and around the world.We all have stories about our work. Work that we find meaningful. Work that we find challenging.
We believe that sharing stories is the first step to social change. Together we can share successes, support each other through challenging times, and carve a new path forward.
We invite you to share your story about the quest for meaningful work.
Some possible questions to explore include:
- When did you feel you were in a cross-roads with your career or quest for meaningful work? What did you do?
- What does your current work focus on? Do you find it meaningful?
- What’s your theory of change?
- How would you define meaningful work for yourself?
- What’s your favourite part of the work you do now?
- Anything you’d like to share about your approach/ current line of work?
- What have been some challenges that you have overcome?
- What do you think is needed to encourage more of a transition toward a ‘green economy’?
- Any tips/suggestions for fellow seekers of meaningful work?
Submit your story here.
(We will respond to you and help you hone your story so that it’s ready for the blog!)